Cleaning your Home for Sale
Cleaning your home for sale is essential. A messy home can knock thousands off the asking price and put you massively out of pocket, just because of a little clutter.
When presenting your home, you want to present it as the empty shell of a home – homey enough that people can see themselves in it but with few personal touches so it doesn’t feel too much like your home.
To help prepare your home for a viewing it is important to spend a day, or two, fixing your house up so that house hunters can see the potential in your home. Here are just a few small changes you can make, that could make all the difference.
* Put flowers in every room – the fresh smell will be inviting, whilst the bright colours will act as décor in your home.
* Bake something delicious; breads, cinnamon rolls and vanilla flavoured cakes will fill your home with inviting smells and a homely feel.
* De-clutter – remove all the letters from by the phone, wipe off the chalk board and take some of the spare coats from the rack and put them into storage elsewhere.
* Clean the kids toys – as every parent knows, toys have a habit of getting everywhere in just a couple of minutes, try to keep the toys contained to the bedroom.
* Get your carpet steamed – if you haven’t yet steamed your carpet, you will not understand the fuss – but as soon as you do it the first time, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing it all your life. Not only will it remove set in odours, the carpet will look as good as new.
* Air all the rooms – even if it is cold. Selling your home in winter can mean it’s been a while since you aired the house out. Take the family out to a friends for a few hours and open all the windows in your home to keep it smelling fresh.
If you are trying to sell your home, visit our site to enquire about our selling options today.